REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Contracts/Tenders No.: CWC/ICB/2012/WL-Rec 82
1. Albanian Development Fund (hereinafter called ADF), hereby invites eligible Tenderers to submit Tenders
for the for the following contracts to be financed as specified in paragraph 2 of the Invitation:
a. CWC/ICB/2012/WL-Rec 82, Reconstruction of road from National Road to Qelez, Shkodra Region. The
segment is 12.8 km. The construction period is 16 months.
b. CWC/ICB/2012/WL-Rec 83, Reconstruction of road from National Road to Iballe, Lot I, Shkodra Region.
The segment is 16.3 km. The construction period is 17 months.
2. The works under these contracts will be
financed under German - Albanian Financial Cooperation and IPA 2009 channeled
through "KfW - Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau", Federal Republic of Germany and ADF.
3. ADF acts as implementing and operating agency.
4. Tendering will be conducted through international open tendering procedures based on the KfW Guidelines: “Guidelines
for Procurement of Supply and Work Contracts under the Financial Cooperation
with Developing Countries”, May 2007 and the FIDIC-MDB Harmonized Edition of the
Conditions of Contract for Construction, June 2010.
5. Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before November 21, 2012, 10:00 hrs,
local time, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who
choose to attend.
Albanian Development Fund
Rr. “Sami Frasheri”, No.10, Tirana, Albania
6. The Tenders will be opened officially in
two sessions in ADF’s office building. A representative of the tenderers or a
duly authorized agent may join the official opening sessions.
7. In case a tenderer submits a tender for more
than one contract, it should indicate so in each respective tender and show that
it meets qualification requirements for cumulative number of submitted tenders.
All tenders and combination of tenders shall be opened and evaluated
simultaneously so as to determine the tender or combination of tenders offering
the lowest evaluated cost to ADF.
If a tenderer submits a tender for more than one contract and he was the
lowest evaluated responsive tender for more than one contract, then he will only
be awarded the combination of contracts that he would meet the qualification
criteria combined for all these contracts. If he cannot meet the
qualification criteria combined for all the contracts, then ADF will award only
those contracts for which the combination of award will result in the lowest
evaluated cost to ADF.
For the contract(s) that the lowest evaluated responsive tenderer will not
be awarded the contract or contracts due to lack of meeting the combined
required qualification, the next lowest evaluated responsive tenderer will be
awarded the contract(s) taken into consideration the application of the above
8. Tenders shall be valid for the period of time as specified in the Instructions to Tenderers
starting from the day after the official tender opening.
9. Tenders must be accompanied by a tender security as follows:
For CWC/ICB/2012/WL - Rec 82, 6,300,000 (six million three hundred thousand) ALL
For CWC/ICB/2012/WL - Rec 83, 7,600,000 (seven million six hundred thousand) ALL
or its equivalent in a convertible currency.
10. Each tender documents may be obtained from the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of
150 Euro or equivalent in a convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash, cashier’s check, or
direct deposit to the ADF account, at Union Bank, as follows:
Name of account: “Llogari Projekti ADF”
Client number: 285464
IBAN CODE: AL80 2141 1106 0111 2854 6403 0117
For direct deposit, the tenderer should provide Bank’ payment receipt to ADF. If requested, the documents
will be promptly dispatched by courier, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery.
11. A pre-tender meeting will take place on November 2, 2011, 11:00 hrs local time at the below address.
12. Tenderers may obtain further information at the following office:
Albanian Development Fund
Rr. “Sami Frasheri”, Nr. 10, Tirana,
Tel: +355 4 22 35 597/8
Fax: +355 4 22 34 885
Web site: www.albaniandf.org
Tirana, 22 October 2012